Relectrify is a cutting-edge technology company revolutionising the energy storage industry. Backed by years of research and development, our proprietary electronics and software increases the longevity and throughput of batteries as well as improving safety and reliability, all while reducing cost.
Founded in 2015 out of research at the University of Melbourne, Relectrify has undertaken projects around the world including with Nissan and American Electric Power. We are backed by global clean energy investors including Toyota Ventures and Australia's own Clean Energy Finance Corporation. At Relectrify, our mission is to engineer the future of battery energy storage, and our ambition to is to have our electronics inside a wide range of battery energy storage products built by a variety of manufacturers.
About the Role
- Pre-sale: To lead the technical engagement with customers under the guidance and direction of the sales lead for that account.
- Post-sale: To deliver high-quality technical outcomes and experiences for customers integrating Relectrify technology into their products.
- To provide technical support to customers that is aligned with Relectrify's Technology Roadmap and act as the conduit between customer and Relectrify's engineering team.
- To balance technical advocacy for the customer with a pragmatic focus on utilising what is in the Technical Roadmap to deliver customer outcomes.
- To support the delivery of successful customer outcomes professionally and efficiently.
- Timely responsiveness to customer/prospect needs while managing the protection of Relectrify IP (know-how, trade secrets etc) in all communications.
- Proactive preparation of technical materials to support different customer types and maintaining a repository of up-to-date technical answers and information, including commercial information that intersects with technical information such as value proposition.
- Effective management of expectations between customers and Relectrify.
- Participating in customer meetings as required, and maintaining close technical relationships with customers.
- Leading technical customer engagements as required (e.g. as the owner of the technical relationships within a large account).
- Support effective development and delivery of customer projects
- Present Relectrify technology and value proposition to technical audiences e.g. at conferences.
- Keep abreast of technical developments by customers, competitors and trends in the market.
As we grow as a company there will be the potential for this role to contribute to building an Applications Engineering team, with potential leadership/management opportunity for the right candidate.
- Relevant engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in battery storage and power electronics technologies
- Extensive experience in customer applications for battery storage systems including related technologies such as renewable generation
- Demonstrated experience in working closely with customers both pre-and post-sale and delivering technical customer projects on time and within budget
- Ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts so they are understandable to audiences of differing technical capabilities (e.g. from electrical engineers to CFOs)
- Demonstrated professionalism with interactions at all levels of collaborating organisations
- Experience with battery storage in other markets (Europe, the US, China, Japan or others)
- (Relevant) foreign language with technical proficiency
- Leadership/management of the small team
- The flexibility of hybrid working between home and office for work-life balance
- Public transport stipend and free on-site parking
- Free snacks and coffee
- Team events
- Education reimbursement
- Purchase leave scheme
- Parental leave
Why work for Relectrify?
At Relectrify, you'll be part of a team that is engineering the future of battery energy storage and are driven to create a world abundant with clean and sustainable energy. Work alongside people passionate about the transition to renewables, looking to do impactful work and contribute to solving seriously hard problems. With a dynamic, inclusive and flexible work environment, we foster creativity, encourage professional growth, and empower our employees to make a real difference in the workplace and the world. Join us as we pave the way towards a cleaner, smarter, and more sustainable world.