At Path, we are dedicated to innovation and constantly strive to push the boundaries of what's possible. We seek a highly skilled and motivated Senior Weld Scientist/Engineer to join our team. This position is unique in that it provides you with the opportunity to stay close to your love of welding through hands-on work in the lab while at the same time providing thought leadership and direction for an AI-driven weld science research and development program.
You will play a pivotal role in bridging the worlds of welding science and artificial intelligence. This unique position requires a deep understanding of welding techniques, materials, and processes. You will work closely with a fantastic data science, machine learning, and software engineering team to create novel methods for AI-driven robotic welding.
What You’ll Do
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate the performance of welding systems: processes, parameters, algorithms, and equipment.
- Research, analyze, and develop welding techniques and methodologies to improve our algorithms resulting in ever-increasing welding quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Apply artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to welding data analysis, process optimization, and predictive models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement novel welding technologies, incorporating AI into Path’s product.
- Develop software tools, applications, and algorithms to support welding data acquisition, analysis, and automation.
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and thought leadership.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest welding science, robotics, AI, and related technologies advancements.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- You have experience in C++, Python, Bash, ROS, and Git version control
- You have familiarity and experience with implementing and troubleshooting robotics and control systems
- You have experience with the Linux environment and the command line interface
- You have a track record of strong documentation skills and a passion to leave things better than you found them
- You are able to travel up to 30-50% during peak installation periods at customer sites throughout North America (ability to acquire a passport is required)
- You are excited to work on autonomous robotics systems
- You have a knack for troubleshooting and analyzing problems
- You are personable, adaptable and have strong communication skills
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- You like the idea of working at a tech startup with all the perks that go with that - free lunch, unlimited time off, team events, and great benefits
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.