Cloud Team Lead-Contractor
FORT Robotics is seeking a contractor to join the team for a 6-12 month contract as a Technical Lead of Cloud Development for FORT’s cloud portfolio of products. The FORT cloud platform is the orchestration manager for the overall FORT portfolio of security and functional safety products for the autonomous mobile robot (AMR) market. This role will work with a team of engineers in an agile environment that includes other roles such as QA, technical product owner, and site reliability engineer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical lead for a team building FORT’s cloud platform
- System architecture - collaborating with senior team members.
- Hands-on product development programming with .NET
- Designed and developed software components conforming to business requirements and functional and design specifications, meeting established target schedules.
- Technology evaluation - staying abreast of the latest technological developments, prototyping new methods to improve product quality and performance, and extending or augmenting current products. Constantly monitor the industry for new tools/libraries to aid application development.
- Technical review and evaluation of current development activities (code and implementations)
- Provide technical support to internal customers.
- Continue to upgrade technical and personal skills through internal and external training.
Expertise and Knowledge:
- 7+ years of software product development experience, at least four of which have been hands-on working on cloud or SaaS applications/platforms
- Hands-on .NET or Java Server-side programming
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, Event Driven Architecture, Asynchronous API patterns, and queuing technologies
- Hands-on, extensive experience with one or more Cloud vendors/solutions – Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Demonstrable experience with container technologies and container orchestration, preferably Kubernetes, and related CD tooling
- Robust deployment and operations mindset with experience with Git, CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible, YAML, and JSON.
- Experience developing a Platform versus a fixed application. Preferable experience with IoT or innovative connected product platforms.
- Data & search experience with NoSQL, graph databases, Elastic Stack, and/or similar tools
- Full stack capability
- Experience with IAM systems and HSM implementations, SAML, etc.
FORT Robotics is building a first-of-its-kind safety and security platform for smart machines. FORT's mission is to unlock the full potential of automation by accelerating development, reducing risk, and building trust in autonomous systems. Based in Philadelphia, FORT provides solutions for autonomous and intelligent machines in a variety of industries, including warehousing, construction, agriculture, and manufacturing.