Functional Safety Engineer
Our Functional Safety organization is growing, and we are searching for a dynamic Functional Safety Engineer to join our team. The FORT Robotics team is dedicated to the advancement of humankind through the acceleration of automation. We bring together the best technologists who have spent their careers working to solve the most complex and dangerous aspects of robotics to create the first-of-its-kind robotics control platform. Our platform maximizes security and productivity and connects the digital and physical worlds seamlessly. Work in the physical world now requires robots and humans to work side by side, whether in the field or on the facility floor. FORT’s platform empowers companies with unique tools to reduce chaos and risk and ensures control.
- Develop Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA) and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) with a functional team
- Work with hardware engineers to develop Hardware Safety Requirements (HSR) with forward and reverse traceability to system requirements.
- Work with software engineers to develop Software Safety Requirements (SSR) with forward and reverse traceability to system requirements.
- Responsible for developing FMEDA (SFF per IEC 61508) or H/W Metrics (SPFM / LFM / PMHF per ISO 26262)
- Develop Common Cause and Common Mode analysis with system, hardware, and software engineers.
- Interact with functional teams to resolve issues with system integration and hardware fault insertion.
- Support 3rd party certification assessment for requirements, analysis, and other functional safety work products.
- 4 - 5 years of FSE experience using 61508, 26262, or similar functional safety standards
- Experience with writing code in C or C++ for embedded systems
- Experience with writing test cases and testing of embedded systems using tools such as debuggers
- Experience with writing detailed system, hardware, and software requirements
- Experienced with the development of functional and technical safety requirements for complex systems in a rigorous, standards-driven development process
- Safety of The Intended Function (SOTIF) experience is a plus
- Experience in professional services is a plus
- A strong technical contributor to building consensus among a diverse engineering group
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Highly driven to achieve goals and motivated by the mission of the organizations you are involved with
- A professional with at least a B.S. in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Aerospace Engineering
- Generational opportunity to build a new platform that will power the next generation of intelligent machines and the future of work.
- Existing customer base includes 300+ of the most advanced teams building intelligent machines today, all of which came inbound.
- Cohesive, high-performing leadership team with established values that include thinking out loud, building together, and owning your priorities.
- Supportive investors that have consistently renewed their commitment to the company over three rounds of venture capital.
- Stock options and 401K Match
- Unlimited PTO, minimum required PTO, plus holidays
- Competitive health, vision, and dental coverage
- Life insurance & AD&D coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
FORT Robotics is building a first-of-its-kind safety and security platform for smart machines. FORT's mission is to unlock the full potential of automation by accelerating development, reducing risk, and building trust in autonomous systems. Based in Philadelphia, FORT provides solutions for autonomous and intelligent machines in a variety of industries, including warehousing, construction, agriculture, and manufacturing.