Mobile Software Engineer
We are taking medical imaging where you never thought it could go - everywhere. We're aiming to build a future healthcare system that's unconstrained by the four walls of a hospital and engineered for a world where providers can see into every patient immediately. We are building an affordable handheld ultrasound device and workflow platform for a new era of medical care.
This candidate can reside in Edmonton or Vancouver, Canada. We are prioritizing candidates who are located in Edmonton, Canada as this is a hybrid role in our Edmonton office (2 days a week).
EXO is seeking a talented mobile software engineer to join a cross-functional engineering team to help design and develop EXO’s flagship AI products. You will collaborate with a close-knit team of highly accomplished and deeply technical researchers, clinicians and engineers focused on delivering groundbreaking technologies. You will use your practical knowledge and experience with computer science, mobile (iOS and Android) application development, and user experience to deliver the next generation of medical devices.
- Build and support AI-powered mobile applications at scale.
- Implement iOS/Android applications using Swift/SwiftUI/Kotlin/Java
- Implement client-side functionality to process RESTful web services and upload data to backend servers that achieves optimal user experience.
- Architect robust software surrounding distributed data models, application persistence, security, multi-threading, and data protection.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new products.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Experiment and optimize for application performance and efficiency.
- Continuously improve software performance, implement software development best practices, embrace documentation, and design review, and assist in the full software development lifecycle process.
- 2 years of experience building image processing and/or computer vision-based applications on mobile.
- Proficiency with JSON, XML and SDK's relating to app extensions and cloud services.
- Solid understanding of common iOS Frameworks (Foundation, CoreData, UIKit, etc.)
- Passion for building great UIs with custom animations and working with Product Designers
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming, multi-threading, and MVC/MVVM
- Experience deploying machine learning and/or deep learning models on mobile platforms.
- Experience working in healthcare or medical imaging applications.
- Experience with Python for machine learning and/or deep learning model development
- Experience with Android SDK
- Excellent communicator
- Fast prototyper
- Interested in computer vision/machine learning for healthcare applications.
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment as a team player.
- Self-starter capable of operating with high-level direction
The salary range for this position is CAN$ 100K - $115K. Posted salary range is per the national data. Offered salary may vary based on candidate’s location (State) and experience.
Like what you see? Apply and join our team! We recently secured $220M in our Series C funding round and we're rapidly growing our team.
Something looks off?