Client Services and System Administration
We are taking medical imaging where you never thought it could go - everywhere. We're aiming to build a future healthcare system that's unconstrained by the four walls of a hospital and engineered for a world where providers can see into every patient immediately. We are building an affordable handheld ultrasound device and workflow platform for a new era of medical care.
This is a hybrid IT role supporting IT client services and system administration. For client services, you will handle tickets and make sure end users’ requests and incidents are addressed timely. As a system administrator you will be responsible for the effective and efficient management, maintenance, and support of an organization's IT infrastructure. This position plays a critical role in optimizing IT resources, troubleshooting issues, and implementing solutions to enhance overall system performance and reliability.
System Installation and Configuration
- Install, configure, and maintain server hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Ensure proper integration and compatibility of new systems with existing infrastructure.
- Configure and maintain Windows Server, RHEL, CentOS, NIS, and EDA tools simulation environment.
- Monitor network performance, troubleshoot connectivity issues, and implement necessary adjustments.
- Manage network devices, such as Cisco Meraki routers and switches, Palo Alto Network firewalls and VPN.
Security and Data Protection
- Implement and maintain security measures to protect systems, networks, and data.
- Conduct regular security audits and updates to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Deploy and maintain SSO/MFA, MDM and end-point protection systems such as Okta, Intune, Crowdstrike, Proofpoint, ABM, etc.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Manage backup and recovery to safeguard critical data.
- Test and update disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity in the event of system failures.
- Maintain data backup systems such as NetVault, Druva, and Veeam
- Monitor and apply software updates, patches, and security fixes to maintain system integrity using ManageEngine.
- Schedule and execute maintenance tasks to minimize downtime.
Monitoring and Performance Optimization
- Monitor system performance, analyze logs, and implement solutions to optimize efficiency with systems such as ManageEngine and Zabbix
- Identify and address potential bottlenecks or areas of improvement.
- Provide technical support to end-users, addressing hardware and software issues.
- Assist in the on-boarding and off-boarding process for employees, managing user accounts and access permissions.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps.
- Keep records of hardware and software licenses to ensure compliance.
Collaboration and Communication
- Collaborate with other IT professionals and departments to support cross-functional projects.
- Communicate technical information effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience as an IT Systems Administrator or similar role with 5 or more years of experience
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Willingness to work tickets and support end users’ requests and incidents.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidate must have knowledge and practical experience in the followings:
- Microsoft solutions (Windows Server, Active Directory, O365, IIS, Sharepoint, etc)
- Linux, Apache, NIS
- Netapp storage, Druva, Veeam
- Palo Alto firewall, VPN
- Okta, SSO, SAML, MFA
- Cisco Meraki switches and access points; networking protocols and troubleshooting
- Collaboration tools (Slack, Smartsheet, Zoom)
- Endpoint management and protection solutions (Crowdstrike, Intune, JamF, ManageEngine)
Like what you see? Apply and join our team! We recently secured $220M in our Series C funding round and we're rapidly growing our team.