Clinical Applications Specialist (Sonographer)
We are taking medical imaging where you never thought it could go - everywhere. We're aiming to build a future healthcare system that's unconstrained by the four walls of a hospital and engineered for a world where providers can see into every patient immediately. We are building an affordable handheld ultrasound device and workflow platform for a new era of medical care.
West (Phoenix, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco)
As the Clinical Applications Specialist, you will drive and execute clinical education training and demonstration strategies. The Clinical Applications Specialist will facilitate evidence-based practice and support the customer experience and commercial teams from pre-sale through post implementation by providing effective outcome-based education and training solutions. Your efforts will impact our customer’s ability to improve productivity, patient care and quality by optimizing their technical & clinical competencies, image quality, workflow, and protocol management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and clinical leadership during pre-sales process by demonstrating full range of Exo products, including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers to drive revenue within the region.
- Coordinate, schedule, and execute objective based system training for your customers as necessary and monitor and report on training outcomes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in ultrasound and as a clinical liaison to the sales organization with the goal of strengthening clinical capabilities of the team and customer relationships, while also driving business opportunities forward.
- Penetrate competitive accounts and communicate current market intelligence back to the business.
- Advance new product features and clinical techniques, partner with customers in developing training plans / strategies that support new product assimilation and ongoing training needs.
- Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and customer training.
- Act as focal point for the sales and customer success teams, identify customer satisfaction issues, assist in escalations, problem determination and specialty training requests.
- Develop meaningful relationships with customers (highlighting key opinion leaders where necessary) to standardize and optimize protocols and support our clinical education initiatives.
- Maintain required well-written pre and post training documentation in conjunction with headquarters teams.
- Demonstrate safety first and quality mindsets, maintaining applicable processes as part of the Quality Management System and EHS policies and procedures.
- Associate degree from an accredited medical sonography program
- Minimum 7 years of combined medical ultrasound experience (including both clinical and industry experience)
- Minimum 3 years of clinical applications experience as a sales partner in a major ultrasound manufacturer (Point of Care experience preferred)
- Active American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) certification in: Abdomen, OB/GYN required. Vascular, Cardiac and MSK desired, and RDCS-PE are a plus
- Must be willing to learn cardiac ultrasound to train and support customers using the system for eFAST and cardiac exams
- Demonstrated experience working on various ultrasound systems
- Deep understanding of clinical education training and associated process implementation
- Knowledge of Healthcare Information Systems, ultrasound and imaging workflow, networking, and IT
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex information and modifying messaging based on audience
- Willingness to travel extensively >80% (4-5 days per week including overnights and some weekends) within the USA via multiple modes of transportation (car, air travel, & train, etc.)
- Annual salary between $85,000 - $135,000 (Salary will commensurate according to candidate’s location and experience level).
- Variable compensation program based on performance of sales partners
This is a remote position with up to 80% travel required, however the successful candidate will already be located and have experience and relationships in their territory.
The Exo Way
We expect all employees to live and breathe our bprinciples, which are focused on accuracy in communication, empowerment of the individual, integrity always, optimism and positivity on behalf of our customers and ourselves, and authenticity in the service of transparency and honesty
Like what you see? Apply and join our team! We recently secured $220M in our Series C funding round and we're rapidly growing our team.