We are taking medical imaging where you never thought it could go - everywhere. We're aiming to build a future healthcare system that's unconstrained by the four walls of a hospital and engineered for a world where providers can see into every patient immediately. We are building an affordable handheld ultrasound device and workflow platform for a new era of medical care.
Location: Edmonton / Remote
Our mission at Exo is to take medical imaging where you never thought it could go - everywhere.
We are looking for a highly motivated Quality Assurance intern to help us document, expand, and maintain software solutions at the intersection of medical imaging and artificial intelligence technology. This vital role sits at the intersection of several domains and disciplines: Design, Research and Development, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing, and Testing.
At Exo, succeeding as one team requires more than just delivering medical device software. We must also collaborate with multiple stakeholders across these different domains and disciplines to create concise, high-quality documentation. Delivering and communicating these documents is absolutely essential to propelling our projects forward and ultimately delivering safe, effective, high-quality products into the hands of our users.
This position is an excellent opportunity for you to to directly gain valuable hands-on experience in quality assurance processes and methodologies in a regulated field, while working on multiple real-world software medical device products. While you will work directly with domain experts, there is ample room to gain experience in the areas of product development and medical device software expertise.
Our ideal candidate would thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, highly dynamic environment and take a hands-on approach to their learning.
Learning opportunities and growth:
- You will have an immediate opportunity to directly, measurably, and meaningfully drive our team’s projects forward.
- You will be working directly with experienced professionals across multiple disciplines to help build and document design history files for multiple software products.
- You will learn how to employ a process-oriented approach to documenting, reviewing, verifying and validating software devices in line with regulatory standards and industry best-practices, with the end goals of device safety, efficacy, reliability and usability.
- You will gain hands-on experience with content-creation and collaboration tools, as well as design control and quality management systems
- Helping to draft and finalize documentation deliverables for each product design phase, including user and product requirements, system architecture, design, verification, validation, and risk management documentation
- Gathering and documenting input from project management, regulatory, clinical, marketing, and technical stakeholders throughout the life cycles of each software product
- Assisting with regulated design control activities, including high-level planning, software verification, clinical validation, and usability validation
- Learning and applying key standards and quality system processes to guide ongoing design control activities
- You have attained, or have nearly completed, a technical diploma or university degree in a related technical field
- You are a team player with exceptional verbal and written English communication skills
- You are extremely detail oriented with a keen eye for documentation completion
- You have a keen desire to learn new concepts and terminologies on an ongoing basis
- You have excellent time management skills
- Experience with generating technical specifications, spreadsheets, and drawings (using Google Workspace / MS Office and technical diagramming tools) is a definite asset
- Relevant industry experience in related fields (ie: QA, DevOps, cybersecurity, image analysis and visualization techniques, artificial intelligence systems) is an asset
- You have the ability to work with multiple priorities and pivot accordingly with team needs
- You are a self-starter who is always happy to take initiative and learn more!
Like what you see? Apply and join our team! We recently secured $220M in our Series C funding round and we're rapidly growing our team.