AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
The Human Resources Accountant will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing new staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices, as well as provide support for the day-to-day accounting function and financial close. This position reports to the Controller.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting and retention.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Builds the company’s HR function by developing processes and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides support to the accounting and reporting organization as directed by the Controller.
- Reconciles accounts and prepares adjusting journal entries when required.
- Assists with internal control development and separation of duties.
- Process payroll and develop and furnish payroll reports.
- Assists the controller with AP and AR functions.
- Develops business processes and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of bookkeeping practices and procedures, with ability to train others in related practices and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.