Senior Mechanical Process Engineer
AM Batteries, Inc., located at Chelmsford, MA, is focused on development and commercialization technologies that revolutionize battery manufacturing technology to enable a much greener and lower cost battery manufacturing process. AM Batteries is seeking self-motivated, enthusiastic candidates to join this extraordinary journey to bring the next generation lithium-ion battery manufacturing technologies to the marketplace.
The position is a Senior Mechanical Process Engineer, based on experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with mechanical systems. Experience with web handling systems or electrostatic deposition is preferred.
The incumbent is expected to be a self-motivated individual willing to perform hands on work in a dynamically changing environment. This position will be responsible for designing and operating the pilot equipment, executing experiments, and documenting process information and results.
KEY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Design, fabricate, & implement upgrades to coating lines, analytical rigs, & other process equipment
- Hands-on operation of pilot coating line
- Support facilities maintenance, troubleshooting and design
- Identify improvement opportunities for the process, equipment, and pilot space
- Assist with the design and implementation of process scale-up
- Support additional projects as needed
- Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering related fields
- More than 5 years of experience for Master, more than 3 years of experience for PhD
- Experience with web handling & electrostatic deposition coating processes/equipment (preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Employee stock option